Registration is now OPEN For our next class – April 4 – April 29, 2016 (4 weeks of goodness)
I am super excited to finally add the Mastering the Shot class online for those all over the world! It has been such a pleasure teaching this class and watching each participant grow immensely because of it. I look forward to teaching you how to shoot in Manual Mode and getting those shots that you have always dreamed of.
Our next class will begin March 29 and run through April 1.. Sign up at the bottom of this post to receive notification when registration open up.
This workshop is designed for those that have a dslr camera and are looking to leave the ‘Auto’ setting or for those that are not getting the results that they want from shooting in Manual Mode.
- The exposure triangle
- Shutter speed
- White Balance
- Metering & Metering modes
- Focus & Focus modes
- Finding flattering light
- Beginning Composition
- A four week online class instructed by Heather Blair Photography
- The workshop will run from April 4 – April 29, 2016
- You will have a pre-assignment and a homework assignments each week.
- Homework assignments will be evaluated and critiqued by Heather
- Week 4 will consist of a week long challenge, as well as how to take special shots like a silhouette, backlighting, and a self portrait
- The class will be invited to a private Flickr group where you can ask questions and post your assignments for feedback.
- A pdf of the course material emailed to you each week (on Monday)
- After our four week class, you will be invited to join our past students in our private Facebook group. We have a wonderful, encouraging group, and we do weekly challenges that you can choose to participate in.
What you will need:
- Your dslr camera body
- One of the following prime lenses – either the 50mm 1.4, 50mm 1.8, or the 35mm 1.8
- Gray Card
- Yourself, ready to learn & have some fun!
* Any of these lenses are a great choice and are very reasonably priced for the quality. You just don’t get that quality or the wide open aperture with the kit lens.
Mastering the Shot will be a packed full four week course. You will walk away with confidence in how to use your camera to get those shots that you have been longing for. I will be available to you for questions using our private Flickr group. You will not be disappointed!
All this for only $300! This is a special price for this first online run, don’t miss out! A 50% deposit is due upon registration. Please register by email: email@example.com
Below are some pictures from our past participants. You too will be after to create amazing shots after this class! I look forward to meeting you!
This post wouldn’t be complete without a before & after comparison. In the image below, the one on the right was taken BEFORE class, and the one on the right was taken AFTER class (during our 30 day challenge). It is amazing to watch each individual grow!